Wednesday, September 15, 2010

its tough but sometimes it just makes you feel good

So, after the last post its been a bit saddening. I really was bothered by my failure. But one of the things that i do want to stress is that this kind of stuff is not easy. I know many of my friends are able to go and chat up just about anyone but that doesnt mean that all people are that capable. I'm very capable of speaking to strangers, i can speak in front of large audiences, i have no stigma or fear of public speaking whatsoever, i could not be a "public performer" if i was afraid. But despite that, its still a struggle to openly convey your feelings to a stranger and in front of other strangers. This is something that i hope begins to change as the barriers between us get smaller, and we move towards a community that is reliant on each other.

Knowing just how challenging this is, there are times when something reassuring does happen. When all of a sudden you feel like you are getting somewhere and you are changing something. These moments, although they do not come quite often, they do happen. I can't even properly describe how great i felt when i received an email saying the following:

"I like your website. I hope I get a card one day; I guess I'll have to start smiling at strangers more."

This made my day, week, month and probably year. Whoever you are, ill make a card with you in mind. Ill make sure to send it out with the wind through some stranger or other, and i hope that at some point it reaches you. Thanks for the email, it really made me smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment