Friday, September 25, 2009

Dive 75

Gave out cards tonight. Not all of them were done in a legit manner, but bar talk is bar talk and when people ask you what you do, its just much easier to show them. So the first card I gave was to this girl I had already been talking to, when she received it she started to grin like crazy and asked if she could keep it. I said ofcourse. The second card was given out under interesting circumstances as well, a girl was standing outside the bar and asked me for a cigarette, standing there she was complaining to a friend about boy troubles, her friend said "you are gorgeous" and I took that moment to take out one of my cards and handed it to her. She read it and looked up at me unbelievingly and said this was one of the nicest things that anyones ever done for her, I smiled and said goodbye. The 3rd card was given to a birthday girl. We exchanged a word or two earlier in the night and when she was leaving I said "happy birthday again, can I give you a little gift? You can't look at it until you leave" I handed her a card. She didn't really know what to expect, but took the card and quickly glanced at it and walked away. The fourth card was given to a guy at the bar who asked me "what's my poison?" Somehow or other we started getting into a conversation and he asked me what instrument I play? What instrument? I'm not a musician, he looks at me and says that he doesn't believe me. I tell him I'm an artist and he asks what kind. Instead of telling him I gave him the card. He started smiling and said that I'm not getting this back and he put it in his pocket. Then he said "I like that." The fifth card was given to a very awesome lady. She was a total sweetheart, but she told me that she had low self esteem, I asked her "why"... later that night, she came up to say goodbye to me and we exchanged hugs and then I said I have a little going away gift for her. She saw me take out a card and asked if it had my number or email on it, I said no, she took the card and started to read it. She looked up and stared me dead in the eyes with the most adorable smile and piercing gaze I have seen. She looked back down and asked but how am I supposed to see you again? I just smiled and shrugged my shoulders, she looked back down at the card, smiled once more at me and gave me another hug and a kiss on the cheek. Her smile really made my night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment