Friday, September 25, 2009

I made her night

I was sitting in a starbucks working on sketches, and I went outside for a cigarette. There was a girl standing outside who was working for the ACLU trying to get support for Gay Marriage in NYC. She looked like she wasn't having a good night. She looked at me and asked if I had a moment. I said sure and we started to talk, she told me all about the proposition that's going through the legislation right now, and asked if I would help them out. I told her that I could only give 5 dollars, which was all I earned at work yesterday. After it was finished, I reached into my pocket and pulled out a card. I gave it to her, and she just started to smile. She looked at me and said that I completely made her night. It felt good knowing that her night was a little better. I ran into her again a little later and she said she used me as an inspirational story. It was a very warm feeling. She had an incredible smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment