Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Epic fail

Handing these cards out is not an easy thing, and I have already handed out close to a hundred of them. it takes a lot of courage to be able to walk up to someone and hand them a card, especially a perfect stranger. I was on the train heading to work and a woman in her early thirties walks in and sits down across from me. She was very adorable, something just made me want to give her a card. But being on the train made it a very hard thing to do, because its an enclosed space, I can't walk away after I hand her a card and the point is to walk away, to not demand an interaction from the person you give it to. But the train makes you stay. So I had to think about timing, handing it to her as I get off, or maybe as she's getting off. It made me worry a lot. Also there were many obstacles. Because the train is an enclosed space the people all see what's happening. Walking up and handing her a card would have made it into a spectacle, which may have caused uncomfort on the recipients side. Finally it came to my stop and I had the card in hand, but there were so many people in the way that I would have had to maneuver through holes to reach my arm towards her and hand her a card. I left with the card in my hand not having handed it to her. Its strange because the card was foor her. Its a missed connection if you will. I wasn't smiling when I left, nor was she... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment