Monday, October 12, 2009

One of those weird new york moments

So my roommate had found a table and 2 chairs outside. The guy had just brought it out because he bought a new one. He called me so that I could come look at it and bring it home with us. We had no space for it at all but it was a very great set, it was a shame to see it go to the trash. So we are starting to pick up the table and the 3 chairs and my roommates bike, all of which need to be brought up 5 flights of stairs... no elevator. As we are trying to coordinate all of this, 2 girls walk out of the bar and see us trying to somehow carry all of these things, they start laughing. I look at them and say " you guys want to help?" They seem a bit taken aback at first but then say sure, where are you taking it. They asked what it was and mentioned how we were lucky because they actually needed something just like that. My roommate looks at them and says do you guys want it? We don't actually have the space for it, we just don't want to see it get thrown out. They say sure, that would be great. We ended up bringing the furniture to their apt, which was about 7 blocks down. While walking we talk and find out that one of the girls graduated from parsons as well, in the same curriculum as I'm in. She raved a little bit about how she was unemployed. When we get into their apt they offer us some cake, and me excedrin... I had a massive headache. As we were leaving, we didn't stay long, 5 min at most, I look at the girl and say "hey don't worry too much about being unemployed because you will still be making more money than me because this is what I do" and I pull out 2 cards from my pocket and hand one to each girl. Before they can say anything me and my roommate turn around and start walking out. As we are out the door one of the girls say "this is so cute, I love this" and I reply "then please pass it on"....only in new york. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment